When you think of amusement parks, you think of thrill rides + all-day excitement, and Kings Island definitely delivers both! But even with very young children, Kings Island is the perfect place to enjoy a day of family fun.
Kings Island is officially open every day for the 2023 season!
Kings Island has squarely set its sights on summer with daily park operation beginning May 17, the announcement of its Memorial Day weekend festivities and a packed events line-up through the rest of 2023.
Kings Island Kicks off Summer on Memorial Day Weekend
Kings Island will honor America’s military, open its water park and debut its brand-new fireworks and drones show during Memorial Day weekend.
- Free Admission for Military (May 26-29) All active and retired military members, including National Guard, reserves and veterans will receive a free ticket to Kings Island, plus discounts for friends and family.
- Soak City Water Park Opening Weekend (May 27-28) Included with Kings Island admission, Soak City opens on Memorial Day weekend and will be open daily through Aug. 15 and weekends from Aug. 19 – Sept. 4.
- 2023 Nightly Fireworks & Drones Show Debut – Adventure Awaits (May 26) Kings Island’s brand-new nighttime fireworks and drones finale celebrates the fun, thrilling moments and memories of a day spent at Kings Island. It will run nightly when the park is open until 10:00 pm through Sept. 3.
- SpiritSong Christian Music Festival (June 15-17) The popular music festival is back at Timberwolf Amphitheatre with TobyMac, CROWDER, Skillet, Lecrae, Newsboys and more!
- Independence Day Fireworks (July 4) In honor of Independence Day, Kings Island will light up the sky with one of the largest and most impressive fireworks shows in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Grand Carnivale (July 22 – Aug. 6) Experience how the world kicks up its heels at this larger-than-life, international celebration. Delicious international food, a high-energy nightly parade and more!
- Halloween Haunt (select nights September 22 – October 28) Named 2022’s “Best Theme Park Halloween Event” in the country by USA TODAY, Haunt is Cincinnati’s most immersive Halloween event.
- Tricks and Treats Fall Fest (select days Sept. 24 – Oct. 29) The family will have a spooktacular time with fun fall activities, specialty food, music entertainment, trick-or-treating and more!
- Winterfest (select nights Nov. 24 – Dec. 31) This holiday tradition features more than five million lights, ice skating on the Royal Fountain, the Eiffel Tower turned into a Christmas tree, a parade and live shows across the park.
Guests can experience all the fun and thrills this season with a Gold, Platinum or Prestige Season Pass, including unlimited visits to Kings Island and Soak City Water Park this summer, Halloween Haunt and Tricks and Treats Fall Fest this fall, and WinterFest this holiday season.
New Adventure Port in Summer 2023:
The newest themed area is located next to Coney Mall and Action Zone. With an anticipated opening in summere 2023, Adventure Port will feature two new family rides, enhanced theming for Adventure Express, Enrique’s quick service restaurant and the Mercado. The myths of an ancient civilization and its mighty city carved out of stone have lured travelers from around the globe to this bustling port community for more than a century.
New Rides + Attractions
Sol Spin: This recently discovered mechanism appears to be an immense sun disk created by an ancient civilization in Adventure Port. Climb aboard these open air, suspended passenger vehicles to experience the thrill of flying 60 feet through the air at 25 m.p.h.
Cargo Loco: Need a company to ship your goods? Look no further than the Arrow Cargo Company. Their methods might be a little dizzying, but they’ll get your freight from Point A to Point B…eventually. Check out the shipping barrels for yourself and get ready for the trip of your life!
Enrique’s: A trip to Adventure Port isn’t complete unless you experience the local cuisine. Stop by Enrique’s quick serve restaurant for a menu that features traditional burritos, burrito bowls, tacos, salads and sides.
The Mercado: Cultures come together at the Mercado in Adventure Port, a melting pot where guests simply celebrate being alive. Whether you’re an explorer just passing through, or a tourist checking out the local scene, the local purveyor is your source for dining, drinking, cargo transport and more.
Kings Island is located at 6300 Kings Island Drive Mason, OH. Get your tickets online here!