The Downtown Dayton Partnership (DDP) is excited to debut a new way to explore downtown and create a citywide adventure with the Downtown Dayton Winter Bingo card. The game will begin on Thursday, January 7, and players can complete a bingo of challenges for the chance to win downtown Dayton prizes throughout the next month.
Players will complete “challenges” that will have them exploring downtown Dayton dining, arts, culture, shopping and entertainment. The challenges include opportunities to explore in-person following social-distancing guidelines, or tasks that can be completed online from home. If they complete five challenges in a row on the game card to make a “bingo,” players can submit their card into the drawing to win prizes. Join in the fun at our Facebook event page here.
“We hope people take the chance to explore downtown, support our small business community, learn about a new spot in downtown Dayton, and continue to safely visit downtown restaurants, shops, arts galleries and more in the new year” said Sandra K. Gudorf, president of the Downtown Dayton Partnership.
WHAT: Downtown Dayton Winter Bingo
WHEN: NOW through Monday, February 15, 2021
HOW: Do it, capture it, submit it!
- Complete 5 squares in a row (horizontal, vertical, or diagonal) to make a bingo.
- Snap a photo or take a screen grab to prove that you completed the task. All tasks MUST be completed using a downtown Dayton business or location.
- Email your final completed bingo entry and supporting proof to [email protected] to be entered to win prizes from the Downtown Dayton Partnership. See submission rules below.
PRIZES: To be eligible for prizes, you must submit your completed bingo on or before Monday, February 15, 2021.
- Grand Prizes – At the end of Winter BINGO, five winners will be chosen to receive a Downtown Dayton Prize Pack, which includes more than $100 in gift cards to downtown restaurants, bars, and retailers.
RULES: How to submit your bingo:
- Following the rules below, email your submission to: [email protected] on or before Monday, February 15, 2021
- Only submit a full bingo (five completed tasks in a row).
- Only one entry per person.
- All bingo tasks should be submitted in one email. The email needs to include the following:
- A screen grab or photo of your bingo card with your 5 completed tasks marked off.
- Proof* of your completed tasks either in the body of the email, or as attachments to the email. Read on for Proof* of Completion rules.
- Your name, contact phone number, and email
*PROOF of bingo square task
Virtual (purple): Take a photo or screen grab of your completed social media or website task (example: screen grab the website you explored, or the new Facebook page you “like”). Include that picture as part of your final email submission.
Support Local (teal): Take a picture of yourself completing the task (example: snap a selfie while you’re at the local coffee shop). Include that picture as part of your final email submission.
Get Out & Explore (navy): Take a picture while you’re completing the task. (example: snap a selfie in front of a downtown mural). Include that picture as part of your final email submission.
For more information, including helpful tips on places to visit to complete some of the bingo challenges, visit the Downtown Dayton Partnership website. Here you can find the pages for OPEN* downtown Dayton restaurants, OPEN* retail, OPEN* things to do, Find it Downtown guides and downtown Dayton self-guided tours.