Join us on Sunday, Aug. 27 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. for a fun day in Eden Park with music, food, crafts, and more on the front lawn.
Celebrate the great migratory journey of the Monarch butterflies when they will pass through our region on their way to Mexico. And we will commemorate the upcoming “Day of the Dead” (Dia de los Muertos).**
It’s the End of Summer Celebration at Krohn Conservatory!
INSIDE THERE WILL BE:
- Last day of Summer Floral Show in showroom
- “Flight of the Butterflies” movie will be available for viewing in the Education Room
OUTSIDE THERE WILL BE:
Tacos Locos — Mexican Food Truck
• Tacos available for purchase
• DJ Rick Kitchen playing Mariachi-style music 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Butterfly crafts for kids:
- Explore Nature table
- FREE Butterfly Field Journals
- A “Map to Mexico” Game (a kid-size obstacle course inside of tent)
Please note that you’ll need to purchase a ticket for admission to Summer Show.
**Each year when the monarch butterflies return to a small village in Mexico on Nov. 1 & 2, the local people have long believed the Monarchs are the returning spirits of their deceased relatives, mysteriously arriving at the same time each year, coinciding with the “Day of the Dead” celebration.