Special events in May include MetroParks’ Passport to MetroParks on Friday, May 26, from 6 to 9 p.m. This free, family-friendly festival is an opportunity to preview all the happenings in Five Rivers MetroParks this summer, from cultural festivals to MetroParks’ programs. Learn more here!
On Friday, May 19, from 7 to 9 a.m., Five Rivers MetroParks will host its annual National Bike to Work Day Pancake Breakfast. Participants are encouraged to bike to this free, pancake-flipping breakfast featuring live music, a cycling expo and more. Learn more here!
New this year, MetroParks has nearly doubled its free fitness offerings featuring high impact group workouts, mindfully-focused programs and dance fitness. Free fitness classes include Fitness in the Park’s yoga and Zumba classes, which presented by Kettering Health Network with additional support from McGohan Brabender. May’s fitness schedule is:
- Yoga in the Park with Speakeasy Yoga: Saturday, May 20, from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Zumba in the Park with Fit N Fruitful Wellness: Saturday, May 13, from 10 to 11 a.m.
- Bootcamp with The Unit: Mondays and Wednesdays, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. (located near the Festival Plaza)
- BootyMix Fitness with Amanda Miller: Mondays, from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Tai Chi & Qigong at the River with Immortal Tree Qigong: Tuesdays, from 6 to 7 p.m.
- SWERK with MVP Dance Fit: May 3, May 17, May 24, May 31, from 6 to 7 p.m.
- INNERGIZE with Kelly Gibson: May 10, 6 to 7 p.m.
Participants should remember to bring their own mat to yoga, in addition to a reusable water bottle to all fitness classes. Registration is not required.
Other happenings in May at RiverScape MetroParks include:
- Montgomery County Law Enforcement Memorial: Friday, May 5, from 11:30 to 1 p.m.
- All-City Arts Festival: Saturday, May 6, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- YMCA Healthy Kids Day: Saturday, May 13, from noon to 4 p.m.
Save the date for the start of the Summer Music Series presented by Enterprise Roofing at RiverScape, which begins on First Friday, June 2, from 6 to 9 p.m. with The Repeating Arms with The Shady Pine.
The Fountain Snack Bar will open Memorial Day weekend on Saturday, May 27, and offer snacks and cool treats, such as ice cream and cold drinks. Hours of operation are:
- Tuesdays through Thursdays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays through Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The RiverScape Café will open the Tuesday after Memorial Day, with weekly lunch hours of 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (Tuesday through Friday). The Café will also be open Thursday evenings during the Summer Music Series concerts.
The interactive fountains and Five Rivers Fountain of Lights will operate from Memorial Day, May 29, to Labor Day, Sept. 4. The Five Rivers Fountain of Lights operates for 10-minute intervals at the top of the hour during the weekdays from 6:55 a.m. to 10:05 p.m. and during weekends from 10:55 a.m. to 10:05 p.m. Splash in the interactive fountains daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. These features are weather dependent and may close due to inclement weather, including high winds. For a complete list of MetroParks’ closures, please visit here!