October is frightfully full of events at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis! Join us for the city’s biggest and best family-friendly Halloween party, frightfully fun sports and games in the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience®, breakfast or dinner BOO-fets with our friendly witches, or a haunted night at the museum! See the full list of events and ticket information below.
Plus, check out the main event, The Children’s Museum Guild’s 59th Annual Haunted House, BOOville Oct. 10–31 .
- Exclusive access to The Children’s Museum Guild’s 59th annual Haunted House, BOOville
- Compete in a HUGE costume contest
- Explore some of your favorite exhibits:
- Power Play
- The World of Sport
- National Art Museum of Sport
- Take Me There®: Greece
- Carousel Wishes and Dreams
- Corteva Agriscience ScienceWorks
- Take part in Halloween-themed games, crafts, and activities
- Strike a pose with the Circle City Ghostbusters and Butler Blue
- Food and drinks, including a cash bar, will be available to purchase
Families with disabilities and/or sensory sensitivities can experience the Haunted House in a new way. Families and groups of all abilities are welcome to play and learn together!
Every child will receive one trip through BOOville, a goody bag, and a sensory toy.
Haunted House modifications
- Softened background music
- Lighting turned up with no flashing lights
- Haunters in friendly costumes
An adaptive museum experience
Capacity limited. Registration required.
This special event is an opportunity for visitors with disabilities and/or sensory sensitivities to experience the museum in a new way.
Sensory modifications to the museum environment include:
- Limited capacity
- Quiet area with sensory items
- Some music is turned down or off
- Edited lighting effects in some areas
For those families with older children, Twilight Fright is the perfect event for you! This fun, energetic event takes place outside in the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience®.
- Access to The Children’s Museum Guild’s 59th annual Haunted House, BOOville, during Frightening Hours
- Live DJ
- Outdoor games and sports challenges
- Appearances by USA Track & Field and Naptown Roller Derby athletes
- Hot Box Pizza, Kona Ice, and soft drinks are included
- All children leave with a goody bag
- Cash bar available for those 21+.
This event is best for kids ages 7–14; all youths must be accompanied by an adult.
Enjoy a delicious “BOO-fet” meal with the friendliest of witches
- A tour of BOOville during AES Indiana’s Lights-on Hours (best for children who scare easily)
- A FANG-tastic meal served by the friendliest witches around
- Fab-BOO-lous show by Abracadabra Magic
- Fun Halloween-themed games, crafts, and activities
- All children leave with a goody bag
Ghouls and goblins ages 21 and up are invited to join us for a heart-stopping, hair-raising, howlingly good party that will make you jump out of your skin!
You’ll also have the opportunity to a jury in The Verdict and decide the eternal fate of some misplaced spirits.
- Participants include:
- Judge—Right Honorable Heather A. Welch, Marion Superior Court
- Attorney Carolyn E. Riggs, Ice Miller LLP
- Attorney Dylan A. Pittman, Barnes and Thornburg LLP
- .5 CLE Credit available
Will the museum team win their case against a band of troublesome spectres? You, the jury, will decide!
- Experience the thrills of The Children’s Museum Guild’s 59th Annual Haunted House—BOOville!
- Show off your FANG-tastic dance moves to some of your Halloween songs
- Scour National Geographic Treasures of the Earth for hidden treasure
- Note: this is an additional giving opportunity
- Put on your best face for a costume contest, including these awards
- Best Costume
- Most Original Costume
- Best Group Costume
- Ultimate Couple Costume
- Decorate a dino and watch it haunt the screen in our Dinosphere Art Lab
- Snap a selfie with the Circle City Ghostbusters
- Explore all things pop culture in American POP
- Haunt your dreams with our massive Dinosphere® fossils