The Cincinnati Recreation Committee brings to you the digital game of E-Sports for kids age 12-17!
- Compete against other gamers, prove you’re the best, and win prizes!
- Each location is limited to 25 participants ages 12 to 17 and includes lunch and snacks!
E-sports, also known as eSports, e-Sports, egames, or electronic sports is organized competitive video gaming. It primarily involves teams competing against each other in tournaments for a prize. Functionally, it’s the same as traditional sports. Top-level athletes are constantly vying for the top spots in their sport, or game, of choice.
Beginning in the 1990s, gaming went from a casual hobby, to an organized professional sport. Today, competitive professional gaming, also known as eSports is a soon-to-be $1 billion dollar industry, championships are watched live by tens of millions of people, and their potential Olympic debut is on the horizon.
We create exceptional recreation experiences for all citizens through our programs, facilities and parks that make Cincinnati a great city to live, work, and play.
Embrace the spirit of the Cincinnati community by creating a culture of lifelong personal growth supported through reliable and sustainable funding sources that will move us from good to great.
- Collaboration… work together with the community, other service providers and city departments
- Commitment…dedicated to service beyond self to make Cincinnati the place to live, work and play
- Excellence…expect high quality performance and service
- Human and personal interaction… love what we do and celebrate it
- Diversity…embrace differences and inclusiveness
- Fiscal responsibility…stewards of entrusted funds
- Innovation…challenge the status quo
- Professional Growth…challenge the staff to learn
- Civility… we solve problems collectively