Kids are expensive — but entertaining them doesn’t have to be. When your crew’s off school, you can enjoy lots of fun, family friendly things on a
dime dollar! From museums and parks to roller rinks and mini golf, it’s easy to enjoy Cincinnati on a budget — in fact, many of Cincinnati’s most iconic buildings and experiences are very affordable for families!
Here are 50 fun activities for $5 or less in Cincinnati:
1. Ride Carol Ann’s Carousel — twice! Ride tokens are just $2 each.
2. Never miss a free event with our new Free Events calendar!
3. Ride bikes on the Loveland Bike Trail. Free!
4. Experience the Colors of Fall. Free!
5. Travel back to Medieval times at the Loveland Castle! Kids 5 and under are Free; 6 and up are $5.
6. Enjoy the views from the Summit Park Observation Tower! Free!
7. Although possibly a little far, check out these Worth the Drive Playgrounds.
8. Admire larger-than-life sculptures at Pyramid Hill. Admission is $3 for children 6-12.
9. Explore the Rosenthal Education Center at the Cincinnati Art Museum. Free! (While we’re at it, admission to the Art Museum is always free!)
10. Visit an Only-in-Ohio Landmarks!
11. Explore Big Bone Lick State Park. Free.
12. Let your inner gamer loose at Arcade Legacy. $5 for an entire hour of fun!
13. Visit The Dungeon at King Arthur’s Court Toys. Free!
14. Sign up for a program at your local library branch.
15. Visit one of these amazing epic playscapes.
16. Learn about Ohio History at the Heritage Village Museum. Take a self-guided tour for just $3/adult and $1/child ages 5-12. During the spring/summer months, take a guided tour for $7/adult and $3/child ages 5-12.
17. Visit the Summit Park PlayScape! Free.
18. Walk across the Purple People Bridge! Free.
19. Check out the ArtWorks murals. Download a map and take a self-guided tour with your kids! Free.
20. Go to the Salty Dog Museum! Free.
21. Visit the World’s Only Cardboard Boat Racing Museum. Free; donations accepted.
22. Ask Alexa or Siri the hard hitting questions. Free!
23. Tour your local fire station. Free.
24. Fossil hunt at Trammel Fossil Park. Free — and you can keep any fossils you find! Free.
25. Give disc golf a shot at Embshoff Woods! $3 for a Great Parks day pass.
26. Check out the indoor playground at Liberty Center.
27. Be a firefighter for the day at The Fire Museum of Greater Cincinnati. Kids 6 and under are free with a paying adult.
28. Spend an Afternoon in Walnut Hills.
29. Learn about nature at Highfield Discovery Garden. Classes are included in admission, which varies by season but is always under $5.
30. Visit the animals at Gorman Heritage Farm. Admission for kids 3-17 is just $3.
31. Visit Mt. Airy Forest to play around on the giant tree house! Free.
32. Check out the Spring Grove Arboretum, famed for its scenery. Free.
33. Visit Blooms & Berries! Check the website for pricing.
34. Walk the Ohio River Trail. Free.
35. Spend a rainy morning playing indoors at one of these indoor playgrounds.
36. Take the day at Smale Riverfront Park in Downtown Cincy. Free!
38. Build away at the Kenwood Mall’s LEGO store. Free.
39. Take the kids to Second Sunday Family Showtime at the Clifton Cultural Arts Center Kids are free; adults are $5.
40. Sign up for Kids Bowl Free.
41. Find out who is giving Birthday Freebies on your special day!
42. Have a picnic in one of these worthy spots. Free.
43. Admire old trains at The Railway Museum of Greater Cincinnati. Suggested donation: $4/adult and $2/child 10 and under.
44. Wander around the William Howard Taft Historical Site. Free.
45. Take a tour of the Cincinnati Observatory. $5 admission.
46. Watch a family feature at the Starlite Drive-In. Children 4-11 $5.00, Children 3 & Under free.
47. Put on your rain boots and go creek stomping.
48. Have dinner at Clear Mountain Food Park. Prices very depending on what you get!
49. Visit Tom Jones Commons in Eden Park. Free.
50. Check out one (or more!) bakeries on the Butler County Donut Trail. A few dollars/donut… unless you visit multiple locations along the trail!
Please note: the prices listed are for kids’ admission only; adult admission varies. However, all of these activities are 100% fun for everyone!