The temperature may be dropping, but that doesn’t mean you’re destined to spend the next couple of months trapped in your house with nothing to do. There is still plenty of things to do this winter in Cincinnati – both indoors and out.
And because everyone loves free things, all of the activities you find below with * are free. That’s right – FREE! So get out there and show those winter blues who’s boss.
Check out these 75 Things to do this Winter in Cincinnati:
1. Go sledding on one of our favorite sledding hills. *
2. Go skiing or snow tubing!
3. Give back to our community by volunteering as a family. *
4. Visit one of these incredible indoor playgrounds.
5. Make a splash at an indoor pool.
6. Go ice skating.
7. Not afraid of the cold? Visit one of the amazing playgrounds worth the drive. (you might even get the playground to yourself if it’s cold enough!). *
8. Bundle up for dinner outside in an igloo.
9. Visit any (or all!) of these nature centers. *
10. Sign up for a kid-friendly cooking class!
11. Spend a day at the Taft Museum.
12. Visit Happen, Inc. and do something creative! *
13. Venture to Columbus and explore one of these 10 attractions.
14. Explore the Behringer-Crawford Museum in Devou Park.
15. Check out the American Sign Museum.
16. Escape from prison, pull off an *epic* art heist and discover hidden treasure at The Escape Game Cincinnati!
17. Let the kids explore the Kids’ Area at Madeira Library! *
18. Make a one-of-a-kind candle at Petals & Wicks.
19. Learn about aviation at the Air Force Museum. *
20. Catch a larger-than-life flick at the OMNIMAX!
21. Stuck at home? Here are 70 Things to Do with Kids Now That We’re Stuck at Home.
22. Donate your new or gently used toys at one of these locations! *
23. Have messy fun at Splatter Room Cincinnati.
24. Travel to Otherworld — we promise its worth-the-drive.
25. Tour your local fire station – for free! *
26. Get creative at the Main Library MakerSpace. *
27. Watch the cutest parade in town: the Cincinnati Zoo’s Penguin Parade! Watch these cute creatures waddle down the runway at 11a and 2:30p on weekends from Jan. 9 -March 10 — as long as temps are below 50 degrees.
28. See sea creatures and more at the Newport Aquarium.
29. Bundle up and dig for fossils at Trammel Fossil Park.
30. Visit a Winter Farmers Market!
31. Sign your kiddo up for a Families Create! class at the Weston Gallery.
32. Explore REC Center at the Cincinnati Art Museum. *
33. Explore Jungle Jim’s — have your kids pick out something crazy to try!
34. Celebrate President’s Day with a visit to The William Howard Taft National Historic Site. *
35. Ballroom Dance with Anastasia at Broadway in Cincinnati!
36. Go glow-in-the-dark mini golfing!
37. Bundle up and head to one of these Nature Playscapes.
38. Take your kids out to eat — for free! *
39. Enjoy a family-friendly Friday show at Fitton Center for the Arts.
40. Wander around Highfield Discovery Gardens (winter admission is just $3/kid!)
41. Explore Wonderland Playground.
42. Tour the Cincinnati Observatory Center.
43. Learn all about plants at Krohn Conservatory.
44. Send your kids to the Dungeon — at King Arthur’s Court Toys, of course! *
45. Let your kids be real-life superheroes for a day at iFly!
46. Get excited for Opening Day by exploring the Reds Hall of Fame Museum.
47. Admire old-fashioned automobiles at this classic car museum in Butler County. *
48. Check out the World’s Largest Indoor Train Display.
49. Take a road trip to one of Ohio’s 8 National Parks! *
50. Take a day trip to the world’s largest children’s museum.
51. Bundle up and take in the sculptures at Pyramid Hill.
52. Make 2023 the year you finally conquer the Butler County Donut Trail!
53. Take a staycation at Great Wolf Lodge.
54. Try glow bowling at Main Event!
55. Laugh out loud at a Madcap Puppet show.
56. Bundle up and take a hike at a nature preserve.*
57. Let your kids climb to new heights at Mosaic Climbing.
58. Try one or all of these 20 kid-friendly things always available for FREE in Cincinnati. *
59. Snow tube at Perfect North Slopes!
60. See what LEGOland Discover Center is all about.
61. Mark your calendar for these 2023 Free Museum Admission Days! *
62. Ride the (indoor) carousel at Carol Ann’s Carousel.
63. Venture up to Dayton to explore Carillon Historical Park.
64. Go on an epic underground adventure in CMC’s Cave.
65. Take a drive to Indianapolis’ free Ice Tree *
66. Escape Winter at Krohn Conservatory.
67. Channel spring by bundling up and visiting a new-to-you playground. *
68. Go go-karting at The Web Extreme!
69. Land on the Moon alongside Armstrong himself on a short drive up to Wapakoneta Armstrong Air and Space Museum.
70. Spend an entire day exploring CMC.
71. Explore the children’s museum at COSI – it’s definitely worth a trip!
72. Check out Cincinnati’s famous treehouse.
73. Peruse these 100 Things Every Cincinnati Kid Needs To Do — and start checking things off!
74. Take a road trip to one of these only-in-Ohio landmarks.
75. Visit the brand new *free* Creativity Center at the CAC.
76. Finally, check our Family Fun Calendar and stay up to date with all the latest events!